Because we are passionate about providing helpful quality resources for coily, kinky, curly women to achieve fine living, we are looking for contributors to work with to reach our goal.
So if you are a passionate writer, willing to share your voice, we’d love to work with you.
Who Are We?
My Kitchen Is Coily is an online community and resource house for coily, kinky, curly women. We love our straight-haired friends too, so all women can find our blog useful. Our topics stretch across several areas including hair, fashion and beauty, home decor and redecor, business, and career help.
We seek passionate and talented writers who can work with us to create high-quality content to help our audience.
What Do We Require from Our Contributors?
Because we place value on quality content, we require that our contributors –
- use correct, easy-to-read grammar (US English)
- provide original and relatable high-quality content. This means that they must have ownership rights to the content they submit to us and it has not been previously published. We frown upon plagiarism and may discontinue working with any contributor who submits content that is plagiarized. We also seek articles with authentic content.
- do proper research to provide the correct information in their articles
- do not use overly promotional language or tone in their articles
What Kind of Articles Are Perfect for MyKitchenIsCoily?
We love articles in these niches:
- Natural Hair
- Fashion and Beauty
- Home and Lifestyle
- Health and fitness
- Career, business, and tech
This list is not exhaustive, so if you have a niche in mind that is not mentioned above, share it with us to confirm if it would be a good fit for our blog.
• All posts should be between 500 and 700 words.
• Longform content should not exceed 1,500 words.
• Images used must be relevant to the content.
• Please ensure that the images are of high resolution and are a minimum of 1200 pixels in width. Also, provide proper credits to the source.
• Images from free sources like Pexels, Unsplash, and Pixabay, etc. are welcome.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
For optimized posts, we require that all posts have a good readability score (green) on Yoast.
contributors are to include the following in their submissions.
• a meta description (80 – 150 characters) and title.
• 1 or 2 keyword
• one external link that is relevant to the post. This link should appear naturally within the body of the post but not in the first paragraph. Please ensure that the link is of a website with high Domain Authority.
• one internal link to any page or post within the MyKitchenIsCoily site.
• Along with your submission, please provide an Author’s Bio (no longer than 250words) and include a photo of yourself.
• Also provide your social links.
What Else Should You Know?
- We, My Kitchen Is Coily, have the reserved right to edit the topic and subtopics, images, post content, and any other part of your submission.
- Upon acceptance of your submission, we will notify you within 5-7 business days. Please patiently wait for our response and do not submit more than once.
- Our writers can include a link to their site in their profile.
- Only one outbound link is allowed in submitted articles, except otherwise communicated.
- If your post is submitted but not accepted, we will let you know. Submitting a post does not guarantee its being published on My Kitchen Is Coily.
- For confirmation, contributors get an author’s profile with their published articles, with which they can boost their writer’s portfolio.
What Should You Do after We Publish Your Post?
• Please do your part to generate additional traffic to your post by sharing your published posts to your social sites.
Have any questions? Let us know. We can’t wait to have you on the team.
Would you like to become a MyKitchenIsCoily Contributor?
Please fill this form.
Thank you! We can’t wait to see your responses and get back to you.